February 2023 - October 2023
Adtran merged with ADVA in February 2023. During this time I became the leader of the Solutions Marketing team for the combined company. My team defined messaging and campaigns for the entire Adtran product portfolio, and supported digital marketing and events. I also participated in the Adtran patent review board.
- Combined two existing teams and expanded
- Updated and rebranded all product collateral
- Created a new SharePoint site for sales enablement
- Provided career/professional development for team
January 2021 to January 2023
I became the leader of the Solutions Marketing team in January of 2021. I took over an existing marketing team while retaining the outward-facing CTO role for the Edge Cloud team. I also participated in the ADVA patent review board.
- Consolidated sales enabling materials into a Salesforce community for sales staff and partners
- Created and maintained collateral for a very large product portfolio
- Strengthened relationship with Intel, leading to recurring top status in Network Builders Winners’ Circle
January 2016 to December 2020
ADVA acquired Overture Networks in January 2016. ADVA placed the Ensemble family of software into a new division where I was the CTO. In that role I defined and evangelized the use of NFV and SDN to accelerate and optimize service delivery for service providers and enterprises. I met with customers and spoke at industry events. I also provided thought leadership through blogs, videos and bylined articles published by ADVA as well as industry media. I also participated in the ADVA patent review board.and corporate communications council.
- Driving thought leadership and customer engagement for market-leading NFV software
- Identifying IP for patents on innovations in cloud software
- Promotion of consistent use of open source software
- Driving technical engagement with partners like Intel and Dell EMC
- September 13, 2018: ADVA selected as finalist for Network Transformation Awards - Judges recognize pioneering cloud encryption solution and Prayson Pate’s contribution to driving NFV success
- September 2017: Ensemble named to short list for Layer123 Network Transformation Awards for Best Marketing Campaign
- May 25, 2016: ADVA and DartPoints win GTB Award
I am charged with helping Overture anticipate and lead through major industry transitions and market shifts while conveying Overture’s message to its customers and the larger industry. Most recently, I guided Overture’s own transition from a telecom hardware powerhouse to an innovation leader in orchestration solutions for software-defined carrier-class networks. I am an evangelist for network functions virtualization (NFV), helping communication service providers (CSPs) and mobile operators create virtual environments optimized for agility and profit. I speak often at industry events, post to my blog praysons-prate.blogspot.com and share NFV information, ideas and guidance through bylined articles published by industry media. I participate regularly in standards bodies such as the MEF and IETF, and was chosen to be the co-editor of the pseudowire emulation edge-to-edge (PWE3) requirements and architecture documents (RFCs 3916 and 3985).
- Mar 3, 2015: Overture Ensemble Service Intelligence wins NIA Award for Network Intelligence
December 1992 – August 2000
Responsible for the development of software for telecom products deployed at tier 1 service providers. Also involved in the development of MFR standards at the Frame Relay Forum.
June 1988 – December 1992
Developed hardware and embedded software for Nortel telecommunications peripherals.
June 1983 – August 1986
Developed fiber optic Ethernet and Token Ring products.
Prayson Pate © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.